One of my favorite types of blog posts to read are monthly income reports. I love seeing other bloggers' growth in their traffic and income, and it's so fascinating to see how much they've learned and progressed through the months.
I've considered starting my own reports, and in fact, have published only one a while ago.
I guess this comes in good timing since the new year is just around the corner. I'm excited to see what my progress will be like during 2017 because this year I took a bit of a break from this little blog of mine. I'm a little disappointed in myself that I haven't been keeping up with it like I'd been for the past few years, and it's all because of one little incident at work that really opened my eyes about trust between colleagues in the office. I won't go further into it, but it was a pretty big blow to me so I looked for another job as quickly as possible and left just 2 months later.
If you've been on the fence about starting a blog for whatever reason, I made a step-by-step tutorial for you that makes it very simple to start one. If you're looking to make a side income, I recommend being self-hosted because you have control over your site and your readers will take you more seriously. You can get self-hosting for only $2.95 a month through my Bluehost link only (tip: you've gotta select a minimum of 12 months to get this special price). If you want to monetize your blog, self-hosting is the only way to go.
Why income reports on a lifestyle mom blog?
- I want to experiment. After years of seeing other bloggers publish their traffic and income reports, I've watched many of them grow their blogs into a full on business. I'm doing these reports as an experiment for myself and others to see the growth and progress of my blog. I'd like to see what works and what doesn't.
- I want to increase my affiliate income. Since I've just finished the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, I'm going to apply what I've learned right here on the blog. I'll be sharing my results in every monthly income report. I already make a small amount of money from my blog, but Michelle makes over $50,000 per month from hers.
- I want to hold myself accountable. I know it's possible to make a side income from blogging, and I wanna be able to show others that it's possible, too. By sharing my goals and results in a monthly report, others can observe what's working, what's not, and I can track my progress in one easy post.
Blogging is a hobby to me. If my husband were merely interested in hearing about my hobby, then I would totally geek out on him about Mailchimp, Google Analytics, monthly income reports and the like! But since he isn't the slightest interested, I'll just have to share and track my progress right here, and possibly with other bloggers who love reading monthly income reports as well!
To start off my reports, I'll share where my blog is at right now:
Product Income: $0
Affiliate Income: $11.58
- Amazon Associates
- Bluehost (see my tutorial about how to start a blog)
- Google AdSense
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
- Back To School Celebration Kit
- The Perfect Staycation Kit
- Group Date Night Printable Kit
- Ultimate Intimacy Pack
- Our Amazing Adventure Book
- A Year of Dates Binder
- A Year of Goals Kit
- Scheduled Balance
- Building A Framework
- Genesis Framework
- Restored 316 Designs
- Christmas Countdown Printable Packs
- Christmas Neighbor Gift Ideas
- The Ultimate Christmas Pack
- New Year's Eve Countdown Bags
- 5,393 Users
- 5,901 Sessions
- 7,105 Pageviews
- 90.4% New Visitors
I'm actually quite surprised that over 5,000 users have visited the site even though I hadn't been very active on it.
- 572 Existing subscribers
- POST REGULARLY. This past year, I haven't focused a lot on A Mom In Training. This blog is my outlet to share my ideas and connect with others. Writing posts makes me happy, and having the ability to share them with others is something I personally love. Because of that, I'll be posting more regularly scheduled content from now on. I'd like to schedule posts at least 2 months ahead.
- SHARE MORE. I plan on diving more into Facebook Ads to see what happens with my traffic growth. Additionally, I plan on keeping the conversations going with my email subscribers, especially since I've "met" so many sweet people from all over the world through my email list!
RESULTS FROM MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING
I'm keeping this section here as a reminder for when I post my first official monthly income report. I enrolled in the course just a few days ago, finished the course within about 4 hours, and decided to take action. So far, I'm seeing positive results, so I'm looking forward to sharing my monthly results with my readers.
The course has 6 modules, 30+ lessons, helpful worksheets, and several bonuses. Michelle pretty much shares everything she knows about affiliate marketing and how she makes over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing alone.
Here's what else she teaches in the course:
- The exact steps she's taken to earn over $400,000 from a single blog post (WOW)
- How to increase conversion rates
- How to pick affiliate products to promote
- The benefits of affiliate marketing
- The major tool needed for affiliate marketing
There's quite a few more things she teaches, but these are just a few to mention. It's pretty cool because you can apply these lessons to any blog, no matter what niche you're in. 🙂
POPULAR POSTS THIS PAST MONTH
- How to Make a Gift Bag Out of Wrapping Paper
- How to Organize Your Important Paperwork
- 7 Things New Moms Secretly Wish You Knew When Visiting Her at the Hospital
- How to Make Cute Labels With Microsoft Word
- Starbucks Hacks: Saving Money at Starbucks
That's it for now! Since it's mid-December right now, I'll post my first report in just a few weeks! If you'd like to follow my progress, I'd love for you to subscribe to my email list (you'll also get access to my library of free printables!).